Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Scary experience

There are some things in life that you hope you never have to experience. For me it would be getting a flat tire on the freeway when I am by myself, having our home broken into, or losing my job. But after today, I have to say that I NEVER again want to experience the wave of emotions that I felt when I found out that my middle child, Teisha,  was at her school locked down in one of the rooms because of the threat of a student with a gun. Anyone that knows me, knows that my kids are a HUGE part of my life and I would be devastated if anything ever happened to them. I am thankful that it all turned out OK (according to the news, the kid had a 'large knife' not a gun), but the moments that I spent not knowing where my daughter was or if she was OK were excruciatingly dreadful! She was able to call but I didn't receive the message until later. She is an AMAZING young lady that is blessed with the gift of humor! Her message instantly made me feel better and assured me that she knows Who is in control of her life.  I am so glad that God hears our prayers and knows our fears.

"Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment